Hall of Faith - Hebrews 1
What is Faith?
- Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen
- Faith is a Substance
- Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.
- Faith Should Speak for Itself
- James 2:19-20 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe — and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
Becoming Who You Are Takes Work
- Ephesians 2:8-10 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Faith in Christ brings Identity
- Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith,[e] as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”
How Do I Get Faith?
- Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.