address blue card questions - unsaved husbands/widows
Faith + Family - Stewardship
Proverbs 13:18 If you ignore criticism, you will end in poverty and disgrace; if you accept correction, you will be honored.
Stewardship is an ethic (moral principal) that embodies the responsible (responsibilities) planning and management of resources.
The concepts of stewardship can be applied to the environment and nature, economics, health, property, information, theology, etc. (not just money)
Money is the litmus test.
Ecclesiastes 10:19 …money answers all questions
Sow - spread seed by scattering
You’ll Never Reap the Fruit if You Eat All the Seed
Diversify - Investing in Different Areas to Maximize Profit
- Tithe - Malachi 3:10-12 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! 11 Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease.a Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies. 12 “Then all nations will call you blessed, for your land will be such a delight,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies.
- Tithing = Open Windows from Heaven
- Offerings - Luke 6:38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full--pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.”
- Offerings = Extra Blessings
- Alms - Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.
- Alms = Puts God in YOUR Debt
- He always repays with interest
- Leviticus 27:31 If you want to buy back the LORD's tenth of the grain or fruit, you must pay its value, plus 20 percent.
- Alms = Puts God in YOUR Debt
- Missions - Phillipians 4:18-19 At the moment I have all I need—and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God. 19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
- Supporting Missions = Unlocking Provisions from GOD’s glorious riches
Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.
Proverbs 21:20 The wise store up choice food and olive oil, but fools gulp theirs down.
Seed Saved is Stored Up Increase
Deuteronomy 8:18 But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.
Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Over Spending - Living Beyond Our Means
Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money.
Money makes a good servant and a horrible master - Dr. Larry Mask
Psalm 37:21 The wicked borrows but does not pay back, but the righteous is generous and gives;
1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot
1 John 2:17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.
Galatians 6:9 So let’s not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don’t give up, or quit.